Managing parasites in your horse is an important part of managing your horses health. One way to manage parasites is to deworm a horse. Always consult your veterinarian on the type of dewormer and the frequency of deworming for your horses specific needs.
Below are the dosage and administration steps Quest Plus, has instructed how to deworm a horse or pony.
How to set the dosage of the dewormer with the Syringe provided :
Determine the weight of the horse by using a scale or weight tape. Set the dosage by choosing a setting consistent with the animals weight. Turn the white dial ring until the left side of the ring lines up with the horses weight measurement illustrated on the syringe.
How to administer dewormer to a horse:
1. Make sure there is no feed in the horses mouth
2. Remove cap from the end of the syringe
3. Place the tip of the syringe inside the horses mouth at the space between the teeth.
4. Gently push the plunger until it stops, depositing the gel on the back of the tongue.
5. Remove the syringe from the animals mouth and raise the animals head slightly to make sure it swallows the gel.
6. replace the syringe cap
Remember to consult your veterinarian about your horses deworming needs.
Zoetis US. (2021). Quest Plus Dewormer: Instruction Manual. Parsippany, NJ: Author.